Photo by Benjamin Chua
USA Today’s Fan Index has ranked the Ten Best Bands in College Football with the University of Southern California Trojan Marching Band claiming the top spot.
The Fan Index is “an in-depth ranking of the top fanbases as determined through social aggregation and online polling across weekly editorial themes such as best tailgates and best traditions. The index is then measured based on social activity of each school’s fanbase, including sharing photos and videos, as well as the voting results of the weekly polls asking fans to determine which schools offer the best experience.”
The article lists USC’s extensive Hollywood resume and partnership with Fleetwood Mac on the 1979 song “Tusk” as a few of the top reasons for their high ranking.
- 1. USC Trojan Marching Band
- 2. The Ohio State University Marching Band
- 3. Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band
- 4. University of Tennessee Pride of the Southland
- 5. Ohio University Marching 110
- 6. Texas Longhorn Band
- 7. Michigan Marching Band
- 8. Texas A&M Fightin’ Texas Aggie Band
- 9. Penn State Blue Band
- 10. Purdue All-American Marching Band
What do you think? Do you agree with the ranking? Did your favorite make the list?